Minimization of domestic, medical, hazardous, and non-hazardous wastes, separate collection at source, intermediate storage, the establishment of waste transfer centers when necessary, transportation, recovery, disposal of waste, operation of recovery and disposal facilities, closure, post-closure maintenance, monitoring-control processes are carried out by the Directorate of Business Administration at our University.
Waste Collection Studies at the University,
- Medical waste bags are collected by waste personnel every day and transported to medical waste collection containers.
- For the removal of liquid chemical and contaminated waste, waste producers open a demand through the c-trackit system.
- The request comes to the relevant employee and the waste personnel in charge is directed to the area.
- You can reach the waste personnel by calling 0549 790 83 44 (Short code: 4127). Recyclable paper, plastic, metal and glass wastes are collected separately in recycling bins located in various parts of the University.
- There are also waste battery collection boxes at certain points of the university.
Types of Waste Detected in Our University
- Contaminated waste
- Contaminated packaging
- Laboratory chemicals
- Waste oils
- Waste batteries
- Electrical and electronic waste
- Medical waste
- Recycled waste
- Household waste
Suitable garbage bins for all identified waste types were provided and located in various parts of the university.